Clubs

Essex County Cricket Club

Essex CCC was formed in 1876 as a result of a meeting held at the Shire Hall, Chelmsford on 14th January of that year. A ground was acquired at Brentwood and a number of matches were played, some against First-Class opposition. However, it was not until 1894 that Essex that Essex were accorded official First-Class status and they competed in the County Championship for the first time in 1895.
Location:Essex County Cricket Club, The Essex County Ground, New Writtle Street, Chelmsford, Chelmsford, CM2 0PG